Last month marked 2 years since I began my essential oils journey. As I started reflecting on the many ways in which I’ve incorporated essential oils into my everyday life and the ways in which essential oils have helped me, my family and friends, I thought of a few highlights I wanted to share. The highlights from 2-year oiliversity are almost the same as from my 1-year oiliversity, which demonstrates, at least for me, that consistent use brings consistent results.
My Essential Oil Highlights over the Past 2 Years:
- Seasonal Relief: The success a friend had using essential oils for relief from the seasonal coughing, sneezing, congestion, headaches, and itchy, watery eyes is the very reason I started using essential oils. Seasonal is yearlong for me, as I have issues with everything in the air. I diffuse Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint essential oils during the day and the same trio at night, with a couple of drops of RC, a Young Living Essential Oils proprietary blend of Eucalyptus Globulus, Eucalyptus Radiata, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Myrtle, Black Spruce, Peppermint, Pine, Lavender, Marjoram and Cypress. Months after I began doing this, I had a follow-up with my allergy doctor, from whom I get sublingual drops. Using both his drops and my oils, he noticed a significant change in how clear I was.
- Immunity Booster: I roll Immunity Booster on the bottoms of my feet before I leave the house. My Immunity Booster consists of 10 drops Thieves, 5 drops Purification and 3 drops of Oregano essential oils topped of with grape seed oil (a carrier oil) in a 10 ml roller bottle. Since March 2015, I’ve been sick twice, once by a respiratory infection, caused by a virus, and once by an ear infection, the result of water trapped in my ear from a flight. Prior to using essential oils, I was the Queen of Sinus Infections. The worst was a sinus infection that required 4 rounds of antibiotics.
- Mood Enhancer: I am convinced that the following Young Living Essential Oils proprietary blends have kept everyone around me safe and me out of jail:
- Joy: Bergamot, Lemon, Palmarosa, Ylang Ylang, Rose, Geranium, Jasmine, Roman Chamomile, Coriander and Tangerine essential oils
- Stress Away: Copaiba, Lime, Cedarwood, Ocotea and Lavender essential oils and Vanilla
- Dragon Time: Clary Sage, Lavender, Blue Yarrow, Fennel, Marjoram and Jasmine essential oils
- Progessence Plus: Balsam Copaiba, Sacred Frankincense, Cedarwood, Bergamot, Peppermint and Clove essential oils; Vitamin E, wild yam extract, etc.
- I start each day by rolling Joy over my heart and Stress Away on my wrists and behind my ears. They’re my chill duo. I reapply Stress Away, as needed, throughout the day. Dragon Time has helped me tremendously with PMS mood swings and subsequent cramps. I dilute Dragon Time and grapeseed oil 1:1 in a roller bottle and roll it on my inner ankles in the mornings for mood and on my abdomen for cramps, as needed. The Vita Flex chart for feet shows that the inside of the foot corresponds to reproductive organs. During my yearly checkup this past December, I was officially diagnosed with what I knew to already be happening. Yep, at 49, peri-menopause. So, I began rolling Progessence Plus on the back of my neck at night and Peppermint essential oil on the back of my neck to cool the increasingly frequent personal summers. I’ve also been rolling Dragon Time on my inner ankles every morning, because I never know if my cranky is PMS or Peri-M. My doctor asked me if I wanted to go through this milestone naturally or if I wanted to do it with hormones or other medications. I told her I’d try natural first, and if I felt like I needed something more, I’d be in touch with her. So far, so good.
- Health and Beauty: My hair and lashes are the longest they’ve ever been, thanks to essential oils. A drop each per ounce of Lavender, Rosemary and Cedarwood in my shampoo and conditioner. A drop each of Lavender and Cedarwood in my mascara and eye makeup remover that consists of 8 drops of Lavender and 2 tablespoons of pure coconut oil (lasts forever because a little does the trick). Tea Tree on blemishes. A drop of Thieves essential oils blend (Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Rosemary, Lemon and Eucalyptus Radiata) and Orange essential oil on my toothpaste for good oral health and whiter teeth, respectively. Roller bottles that I use consistently and/or friends request are: Tummy Tamer, Headache Relief, Immunity Booster, Seasonal Support, Focus and Nighty Night.
- Bath and Body and More: Perhaps the most fun I’ve had this year is coming up with my own recipes for soap, lotion bars, bath salts. lip balm, and even baby jar candles. Be sure to check out the Make and Break series blogs for recipes and DIY tips. My creations are about to become more colorful, as I finally found McCormick’s Color from Nature Food Colors at Walmart. The box contains 3 resealable powder pouches: Sky Blue (Spirulina), Berry (Beet Juice) and Sunflower (Turmeric).
- Education: Super excited to be working on my certification in aromatherapy through the School for Aromatic Studies. Loving the Foundations of Aromatherapy course. Be sure to check out the Certifiable series blogs to track my progress or to join me in my progress. Let me know if you enroll through my Foundations of Aromatherapy link, and I’ll start a Facebook group for us to study and motivate each other. I also share highlights of what I’m learning in the Certifiable series blogs. Next up: How to test purity of essential oils. I’ve enjoyed sharing information 1:1 with friends new to essential oils and plan to do more in-person and online classes this year. Let me know what essential oil topics are of interest to you, and whether you prefer 1:1, in-person classes or online class learning.
Whew! Two years in and truly the tip of the essential oils iceberg. So, Happy Oiliversity to me, but how does Happy Oiliversity apply to you? For the month of April, I’m offering either a $20 credit on your Young Living Essential Oils account, good toward future orders, or $20 via PayPal if you become a new member by purchasing a Premium Starter Kit from me. Being a member of Young Living Essential Oils means you get 24 percent off retail price on future orders. You only have to purchase an additional $50 within a year to keep the discount. In addition to $20 back, I’ll sent you a goodie bag with lots of good info and accessories to get you started right away using your essential oils. But wait, lol, there’s more! You get my support as long as you need it, because I’m in this for the long haul.
Until next time, Happy Anniversary! I had no idea until just now that this was a Little River Band Song.
Oils & Spoils Updates
April Young Living Essential Oils Promotions (Freebies)
Check out the 2017 Young Living Essential Oils Spring Products offerings. I have my eyes on the diffuser necklaces! Click on Holiday & Seasonal.
Your Social Security Number is no longer required to purchase a Young Living Essential Oils Premium Start Kit and to become a member. Great news, especially for those who aren’t interested in the business side of Young Living Essential Oils. If you find yourself sharing and selling, your Social Security Number will be requested when you reach $600 in commissions.