To quote my sweet friend, Margie, “Life happened.” It’s been nearly 3 months since my last blog post. So much going on, but what I want to focus on post 2018 Young Living Essential Oils (YLEO) International Grand Convention are some thoughts on the passing of the company’s founder in May, new YLEO products, and the digital convention ticket that debuted this year.
On June 15, I posted the following on Oils & Spoils’ Facebook page:
“I’ll give deets of new Young Living Essential oil products unveiled yesterday at the convention later today. But first, as you may already know, Gary Young, the founder of Young Living Essential Oils, passed away May 12, due to complications from a series of strokes. He was 69. His widow, Mary, gave a 90-minute tribute yesterday during the convention. Gary devoted 30 years of his life researching, growing and processing essential oils and giving back through his foundation. Among the many things Mary said, I want to share the following with you: ‘Don’t miss out on the chance to express love to one another, to be kind, to take care of your family…because it could be snatched away, and you would miss out on that opportunity.’ Much ❤ to you, my friends.”
Gary left quite a legacy. The theme of the 2018 convention was “Freedom,” as in the financial freedom YLEO distributors, who work the direct sales side of the business, have found through the company’s generous compensation plan. Personally, I’ve gained an additional freedom through YLEO, and that is freedom of choice in the products available to me in my efforts to improve my health and well-being.
One of the things I am currently trying to do to improve my health and well-being is to switch to “natural” wherever possible, and that’s not an easy thing for me. To me, natural means eating unprocessed food and using plant-based cleaners and makeup, for starters. The level of “life happened” at any given moment tips my scale toward convenience, and it’s quicker and easier to eat the prepackaged, processed food and not pay as much attention to the ingredients in my household cleaners or my makeup.
So, I was delighted at the myriad of new products introduced at the convention this year that offer natural so conveniently. For a complete list of new YLEO products, click on the What’s New category in Quick Order or your Essential Reward order. If you’re not a YLEO member, you can purchase the new or any YLEO products through my website. I may or may not have went a little crazy with my convention order. I’m going to share what I ordered, along with product reviews, over my next few blogs.
Overall, I’ve been pleased with the new Savvy Mineral items. While YLEO introduced several new lipstick shades at convention, and I love the lipstick paired with YLEO lip gloss, I opted for and have tried the following:
- Mattifying Primer: I had just bought an all-natural primer, but wasn’t crazy about the coverage, and it did not double as an eyeshadow primer. YLEO also offers a Hydrating Primer, but since I have the skin of a 13-year-old, I need a Mattifying Primer. As with most YLEO products, a little goes a long way, and the feel of this primer is substantial. It also doubles as an eyeshadow primer. Price is $35.00 member/$46.05 retail for 1 ounce.
- Mascara – Black: The mascara is infused with Lavender essential oil, which saves me a step, as I usually add a drop each of Lavender and Cedarwood essential oils to a tube of mascara to lengthen and strengthen my lashes. My only wish as a contact lens wearer is for a waterproof version. I also recommend using a lash primer with any mascara, including this one. Price is $29.75 member/$39.14 retail for a tube (0.3 ounces).
- Eyeshadow Palette – No. 1: This 5-shadow palette includes the following shades: Ambition, Timeless, Elegant, Chic and Charm that are not offered in powder form. And bonus! Elegant doubles as a brow shadow! Awesome shades and long-lasting pigment make this palette a triple play. Price is $55.00 member/$72.37 retail.
- Veil – Matte: I’ve never met a mineral veil that wasn’t sparkly, and YLEO‘s original Diamond Dust Veil is no exception. So, I was pleased to try this new matte veil. Love it! Price is $45.00 member/$59.21 retail for 0.18 ounces.
- Kabuki Brush: I prefer this brush over the brushes for the foundation and veil powders that are sold separately or part of the Savvy Minerals brush set. It provides better coverage and less mess. It also has an easy on/off cover that helps keep the brush’s shape. Price is $49.00 member/$64.47 retail.
While not the best at taking selfies, I do want to show you my YLEO Savvy Minerals face. Below is all Savvy Minerals, with the exception of my concealer, which is a product I would like to see in the Savvy Minerals line in the near future.
YLEO Savvy Minerals products used: Mattifying Primer, Warm No. 3 Foundation Powder, Eyeshadow Palette – No. 1 (Elegance on brow, Chic on lid, Elegant above crease, and Charm under eye), Mascara – Black, I Do Believe You’re Blushin’ Blush, Wish Lipstick, and Abundant Lip Gloss.
Other new product reviews to be featured in future posts: Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Flakes, Orange Blossom Bundle (Charcoal Bar Soap, Facial Wash and Moisturizer for Normal to Oily Skin), Acne Treatment, and Essential Oil Bundle (Lantern Diffuser and Journey On and Freedom essential blends and Kunzea essential oil single).
So, until next time, and it won’t be so long until next time, be sure to take good care of yourself by exercising self-care. Self-care is a critical component to looking and feeling Forever Young.
Oils & Spoils Updates
Not a Young Living Essential Oils Member? Enjoy 24 percent off retail pricing and me as your personal essential oils coach, plus a goodie bag of accessories to get you started using your oils right away, by purchasing a Basic or Premium Starter Kit here. I recommend the Desert Mist or Dewdrop Diffuser Premium Starter Kit for $160, which is more than half off retail price for the diffuser, 11 essential oils and blends and other goodies.