I had the pleasure of attending Young Living Essential Oils Beauty School toward the end of January and initially blogged about the experience in general, with the promise that I would follow up with posts on skin care regimen and makeup. This post focuses on the Young Living Skin Care Regimen, though it can be followed with whatever products work best for you.
The Young Living Essential Oils Skin Care Regimen consists of four daily steps and two other activities to be deployed as needed.
- Cleanse – Two times daily. For me, morning shower and before I go to bed. No matter how tired I might be, I always wash off my makeup. I love Savvy Minerals by Young Living Makeup Remover Wipes. They easily remove waterproof mascara and save me the trouble and mess of making my own from coconut oil and lavender. My a.m. cleanser is Orange Blossom Facial Wash, which is good for blemishes. The equivalent in Young Living‘s ART line, which is more anti-aging/moisturizing, is ART Gentle Cleanser. My p.m. cleanser is Charcoal Bar With with Orange Blossom Essential Oils Blend.
- Tone – Toner helps to remove any left-over residue and helps to minimize pores. Young Living‘s ART Refreshing Cleanser is good for dryer skin. Their Orange Blossom line, which is more for oily skin, does not have a toner. So, I make my own by mixing 8 drops each of Lavender, Frankincense and Tea Tree essential oils with 8 ounces of organic witch hazel, which I find at Sprouts. I use toner twice daily, after cleansing.
- Restore – Serum, such as ART Renewal Serum, can help increase the appearance of skin radiance or may lessen the appearance of not-so-fine lines. Instead of serum, which some may apply twice daily, I use Young Living‘s Maximum Strength Acne Treatment, which contains salicylic acid (2%) from Wintergreen, Tea Tree, Manuka, Chamomile, and Aloe, in the morning after toner.
- Moisturize – ART has both a Light Moisturizer and Intensive Moisturizer. I use the Orange Blossom Moisturizer, which contains Olive Fruit Oil, St. John’s Wort, Kelp, Calendula, Grape Seed Oil, Rose Hips, Coconut Oil, Apple Fruit Extract, Licorice, Sunflower oil, Lavender, Patchouli, Rosemary and Lemon, at night.
- Exfoliate – Women and men should exfoliate twice a week to remove old cells and create smoother, younger-looking skin. Always cleanse before exfoliating and be careful not to overdo. Use a scrub designed for your face’s delicate skin. Young Living‘s Satin Facial Scrub in Mint has been reformulated with apricot seed powder instead of jojoba beads and also contains Raspberry Extract, Mango Butter, Sunflower Seed Oil and Peppermint Oil.
- Refine and Pamper – How often you refine and pamper depends on the product you use. Currently, I’m using Sheerlume, which brightens and balances skin tone for more radiant-looking skin, as a moisturizer at night (while the Orange Blossom Moisturizer is out of stock (OOS), ahem). I had a sun-damage picture taken of my face at Beauty School, and while there wasn’t a whole lot of damage, the Young Living team suggested Sheerlume to help repair some of the damage. Sheerlume has recently been back in stock. If you want to try it, I highly recommend getting it now. Sourcing issues kept it OOS for quite a time. I also use Wolfberry Eye Cream under the eyes in the morning to soothe and help with the not-so-fine lines.
There are so many more Young Living skin care products, including products by skin type and products for men (Shutran Shave Cream, Aftershave Lotion, Bar Soap and Beard Oil!). Feel free to shop retail or as a member (and save 24%) on my Young Living website. Comment or message me if you’d like any samples to try before you buy.
Winner, Winner! Congrats to Mary Doyle for liking Oils & Spoils last post and winning the summer edition of Willow and Sage, Homemade Bath & Body – my fave essential oils DIY magazine! Like this week’s post, and you may be the random winner of a packet of 11 Young Living Beauty School samples:
- Orange Blossom Facial Wash
- Mirah Luminous Cleaning Oil
- ART Refreshing Toner
- ART Light Toner
- ART Intensive Toner
- Wolfberry Eye Cream
- Sandalwood Moisture Cream
- Sensation Hand and Body Lotion
- Coconut-Lime Replenishing Body Butter
- Mirah Shave Oil
- Lavaderm Cooling Mist
Until next time, put your best face forward!
Oils & Spoils Updates
Next on Oils & Spoils: No Beauty School Drop Out – Part 3, product reviews, book reviews, weight lost journey, and more!